made awesome lunch today because i felt like it. have been watching too much of “my little chef” as well.
so what’s golden mushamato pasta? it sounds kinda japanese, doesn’t it? but nah. it’s just a random mish-mash of 3 ingredients i used namely: golden mushrooms, ham and tomatoes. does it make sense to you now? :D
2 more pictures and recipes under the cut.
i made this entirely in the microwave so my hair wouldn’t have to smell.
golden mushamato pasta with broccoli by the brain of claire
prep time: 20 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
1/2 head of broccoli, steamed for 15 minutes
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 slice of ham, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 cup of uncooked pasta
golden mushrooms (any amount you want)
1. put pasta to boil until al dente.
2. while pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in crockpot for 1 minute in the microwave.
3. add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute. do the same for mushrooms, tomatoes and ham. mix all ingredients as you add them in the pot.
4. when the pasta is cooked, stir it together with the cooked ingredients and place them on a porcelain plate.
5. add cheese on top.
6. put pasta in the microwave once more for 1 minute. this is to melt the cheese.
7. decorate with steamed broccoli and serve.
because i still had steamed broccoli left, i decided to make broccoli soup. it was an impromptu decision but real fast to make. instant soup within 3 minutes max. credits goes to my mom because this recipe is from her. i merely simplified it by 5 times.
broccoli soup adapted from mummy dearest
prep time: 3 minutes
cook time: you don’t even need to cook.
1/3 cube of knorr chicken stock
3/4 cup of hot water
1/2 head and stem of broccoli, steamed
1 heaping teaspoon of corn flour
pinch of sugar
1. pour hot water in blender.
2. add chicken stock cube and stir with spoon until dissolved.
3. mash broccoli and add in blender. add sugar and corn flour.
4. blend well and serve.
thereafter, i realised that i have just consumed an entire head of broccoli all by myself. :\