made bibimbap for lunch today. i realised that it’s my first time cooking a korean dish other than nong shim shin ramen with added kimchi and cheese.
2 pictures and recipe under the cut.
bibimbap (claire’s version)
prep time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
1/3 carrot, sliced thinly
3 stalks of long beans
3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 slice of ham
2 stalks of xiao bai cai
1 1/2 cups of japanese rice
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of gochujang (chili pepper paste)
1. steam carrots, golden mushrooms and xiao bai cai. sprinkle some salt before doing so.
2. cook shiitake mushrooms in soya sauce for flavour.
3. stir-fry long beans with garlic. add salt to taste.
4. when all ingredients are ready, arrange them on top a bowl of rice.
5. cook a sunny-side up egg and place it above as shown in the picture.
6. add gochujang and stir.
this is what you get:
ahh~ comfort food indeed.