the previous time i made okonomiyaki was when my maid was still around. that’s like a year and 3 months ago.
invited soo and noo over for okos. this would probably be the last time we meet until the next holiday because university life is simply… awesome.
3 more pictures and recipe under the cut.
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ingredients for base batter:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
a huge handful of shredded cabbage
add-ons (you can add anything you want):
1 dried shitake mushroom
1 slice ham, diced
mix 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce together.
1. mix flour, dashi and egg together.
2. add mushroom and ham. mix evenly.
3. oil a heated nonstick pan and add mixture. flatten and shape the mixture to look like a circular pancake.
4. flip the okonomiyaki until it’s cook. (when you start to see dark brown spots showing up)
5. put on plate. add sauce, mayonnaise, bonito flakes and seaweed.
them enjoying their food. they said they would invest on my cafe if i decide to open one in the future. maybe i will when i retire. :D
had a really good chit-chat session which involved sigh-worthy and hair-pulling stuff. but after awhile, i got high on green tea and started saying and doing crazy things. :\
i love you girls! 8 years of friendship and counting. :D