mom made roasted chicken for dinner. delicious stuff.
i made mochi for dessert:
dad says not to buy mochi from japan anymore. no way! i said. i can never live without kimono-girl brand mochi from kyoto.
surprisingly, it was easy to make albeit the sticky mess from the glutinous flour.
recipe under the cut:
1 cup glutinous rice flour
180 ml water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp of green tea powder (optional)
corn flour for dusting
red bean paste for the filling
1. in a glass bowl, combine flour, green tea powder and water. stir well. add sugar, stir and dissolve.
2. cook in microwave for 2 minutes. take out and stir.
3. put in for another 30 seconds.
4. sprinkle corn flour on working surface to prevent the mixture from sticking.
5. use a tablespoon to scoop mixture and drop it on the corn flour. wrap red bean filling inside and cover it with loads of corn flour.
6. shape into balls and serve.