Sometimes, I have a craving for Shilin’s XL chicken but I always feel guilty after eating it. So, I googled for a recipe online and found out the spices used in making this awesome yummy chicken. And instead of deep-frying the chicken, I baked it instead.
I have to say it turned out to be 80% similar to the original deep fried version which is satisfying enough! I love it when I can turn an unhealthy recipe into a healthy one.
Shao Hsing wine
Chopped chinese parsley
Note: There’s no measurements for this recipe because I don’t really measure my ingredients when I cook. Refer to this recipe if you need some form of measurement.
1. Pound the chicken with a tenderizer to make it as flat as possible.
2. Marinade with ingredients under marinade for at least 3 hours or more.
3. Coat the chicken with corn flour first, egg and then panko.
4. Cook it in a toaster oven for 20 minutes or when the crust starts to brown a little.
5. Add ingredients under Seasoning to the chicken. Eat immediately.
I made it into a sandwich for a more balanced meal.